We’d like to extend our invitation to all ICC members and those interested to get involved in this organization to join one of the three standing committees. Here you can find a brief description for each standing committee:
1. Communications & Public Relations:
This committee is responsible for all ICC internal and external communications and also public relation activities. The Communications and PR committee will also be responsible to establish working committees to engage ICC members in the activities of the organization and attracting new members and volunteers for the organization. Those with previous experience in any of the following areas are encouraged to join this committee:
· Knowledge and experience in writing formal Farsi and English letters/announcement/press releases.
· Strong knowledge of web administration and previous experience with web management services (e.g. WordPress)
· Familiarity with social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
· Strong knowledge and previous experience in graphic design (e.g. designing flyers, posters, info packages, etc.)
· Experience in photography, videography and video editing.
· Previous volunteer experience in non-profit or community organizations.
Those interested to join the Communications & PR committee should send an email including their resume or a brief explanation of their previous experiences to: [email protected]
The Department of Culture shall have responsibility for all cultural activities. This shall involve the establishment of working committees for the development of plans and programs for the ICC’s cultural events and their implementation.
Those interested to join the Culture Committee should send an email expressing their interest to: [email protected]
3. Policy Development
The Department of Policy Development shall have responsibility for policy development on issues identified by the board of directors. This shall involve the establishment of joint committees of non members and members for the development of policy for issues that have an impact on the Iranian-Canadian community or specific organizational processes that may affect ICC’s future. Those with previous experience in any of the following areas are encouraged to join this committee:
· Previous experience in policy development for other non-profit or community organizations,
· Experience in legal work.
· Proficient in both English and Farsi and comfortable with translating documents from Farsi to English and English-to-Farsi.
Those interested to join the Policy Development committee should send an email including their resume or a brief explanation of their previous experiences to: [email protected]
· To achieve results and to involve more people in ICC activities as volunteers every person can only join one committee.
· To join the Communications committee or the Policy Development committee please include your resume or a brief explanation of your relevant experiences in your email.
· Committee chairs will review applications under supervision of the ICC board and will contact applicants according to the needs of each of the above committees, each applicant’s expressed areas of interest, and applicant’s previous experiences.