New Date For The Upcoming ICC AGM
Iranian Canadian Congress
Introduction of AGM candidate Mohammad Rad
I’m Mohammad Vahidirad. My friends have known me as Mohammad Rad for a long time.
Reasons I decided to run in the ICC elections:
For many years, in addition to my business activities, I have put social activities, especially helping immigrants, on my agenda.
I may be the only person in the Iranian-Canadian community who has held more than 300 free training seminars for Iranian community and its growth.
One of my characteristics that people have known for years that they can count on me and that they have the necessary confidence to raise their problems with me, and I have always tried to help them.
My only reason for running in the election is to run the congressional education department. I do not want to do anything else, I will just hold a free monthly educational webinar in the fields of entrepreneurship and employment for the people on behalf of the Congress.
However, my personal approach is anti-sanctions, anti-violent behavior. But I feel that the ICC needs first and foremost to be able to provide useful services to the people. Therefore, my goal in the next year is to hold 12 webinars for the congress, each webinar will be 3 hours long, and the recorded videos of this webinar will be a memory for the people in the future.
who am I:
Theoretical mottos have never been enough for me and I have always focused on trying hard to practically operationalize and achieve my goals. However, I am also known as a business theorist and planner, and financing expert at an international level.
Some of my customers, who are currently my friends, view me as a tree of money and wealth, and believe I have the ability create unique ideas. They recognize me as an economic analyst and business strategist.
I am literally a pragmatic person. I have never been a good speaker, but can be a good friend and advisor.
Many Years ago, I decided to immigrate from Iran to Canada. My immigration was not a reason for stopping my activities in entrepreneurship, but to take an opportunity to expand it. However, after years of living in Canada I learned you should remember the dreams you had when you came to the new country. Most of the times the realities are not as colorful as you expect them to be. Remember your dreams are the foundation of your achievements.
My Work Experience
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and International Court of Arbitration member
- World Chambers Federation (WCF) member
- World Chambers Congress (WCC) member
- Business with\from\in Canada Book’s Author
- Creator and manager of Canadian franchise 01 Learning (First international Computer learning college for kids) (2019-Present)
- Founder and manager of Canadian franchise Canadian Lifestyle (Supplier of pharmaceutical products and vitamin supplements) (2020-Present)
- Founder and manager of Canadian franchise Global Green Construction (first manufacturer of composite finished products) (2018-Present)
- I-C-P composite production factory’s strategic development deputy (2019-Present)
- Canada Iran Business Association CEO (2015-Present).
- Founder of the legal and commercial group of RSM Capital (2015-Present).
- Owner of the Canada Capital Code Technology company of advertisement and international trading (2014-Present).
- Capital Ideal Holdings finance company owner (2014-Present).
- Deputy and legal representative of Canada Multi-Invest financial resource company (2013-Present).
- Founder and director of Hodhod Cultural Media (The first Persian language non-profit online media in Canada) (2013-Present).
- Member of the founding board of Persian Language Speakers Association of Quebec from 2015 - 2016.
- MSc of Business Analysis from University of Montreal
- Network Security diploma from Montreal Teccart College
- French language certificate from University of Montreal
- Strategic Crisis Management from Moscow State University
- Commercial Management certificate from Amir Kabir University of Technology
- Crisis Management certificate from Payame Noor University
- Advertisement management certificate from Payame Noor University
- Digital Advertisement certificate from Shahid Poor Ghazi Center operating under Amir Kabir University of Technology
Introduction of AGM candidate Daniel Bagheri
Daniel Bagheri Sarvestani, is a PhD candidate at the University of Kansas and a Canadian Human Rights advisor with Cuso International. He has been volunteering and working internationally for the better part of the past 7 years. Through his field work, Daniel has developed connections with tribal indigenous communities in Western Asia (Iran), Central America (Costa Rica, Panama, and Honduras) and North America (Canada). His work focuses on the application of Indigenous Peoples Rights/Human Rights discourses, and it impact in shaping social movements and questions of identity.
Daniel has been an active member of the Iranian Canadian community. He has served as the president of the Iranian Canadian Association at the University of Guelph (2007-2012) and is currently a member of the Iranian Canadian Association of Immigration consultants. By joining the ICC Daniel aims to address the rising tensions within the Iranian Canadian community concerning issues of islamophobia, systematic discrimination, and political uncertainties abroad and at home.
Introduction of AGM candidate Reza Namdari
Reza Namdari is an entrepreneur and leads a construction management firm in Montreal. Born in 1984 in Tehran, he completed his bachelor’s degree in civil engineering at the University of Science and Technology. During his studies, he has led various students’ union initiatives and was involved in student-led publications.
Reza Namdari immigrated to Canada in 2008 and completed his Master’s degree in Construction Management at Concordia University. He has been a member of the Iranian Canadian Congress since 2018 and has helped the ICC as a volunteer in Montreal. Reza was of the first members of the ICC volunteer team in Montreal. The aim of this local team is to expand the organization’s presence in Quebec in general and in Montreal in particular.
Working for peace and opposing any sanctions and discrimination against the Iranian people will be some of his priorities if elected as a board member of the Iranian Canadian Congress.
رضا نامداری در زمینه حرفه ای یک کارآفرین است و در رشته مدیریت پروژه های ساختمانی در مونترال کانادا کار میکند.
رضا متولد سال 1984 میلادی در تهران است. تحصیلات کارشناسی خود را در رشته مهندسی عمران در دانشگاه علم و صنعت گذرانده و در حین تحصیل، فعالیت های مختلف صنفی، دانشجویی و مطبوعاتی را در این دانشگاه انجام داده است. رضا نامداری از سال 2008 به کانادا مهاجرت کرد و تحصیلات کارشناسی ارشد خود را در سال 2010 در دانشگاه کنکوردیا در رشته مدیریت پروژه های ساختمانی به پایان برد.
وی از سال 2018 به عضویت کنگره ایرانیان کانادا درآمده و یکی از پایه گذاران اولین گروه داوطلبان کنگره ایرانیان کانادا در شهر مونترال بوده است.
فعالیت برای صلح و مخالفت با هرگونه تحریم و تبعیض علیه ایرانیان، از اولویت های فعالیت های او در صورت انتخاب به عنوان یکی از اعضای هیات مدیره کنگره ایرانیان کانادا خواهد بود. رضا تبعیض علیه ایرانیان را یکی از مشکلات اساسی جامعه ما میداند که به اشکال مختلف شهروندان ایرانی-کانادایی با آن روبرو هستند. وی اعتقاد دارد کنگره ایرانیان کانادا باید نقش کلیدی در جهت آگاهی رسانی درباره تبعیض علیه ایرانیان و مبارزه با آن ایفا کند.
ICC AGM nominations
The nomination window for the upcoming ICC election was closed on December 6, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET. The ICC has received emails from the following individuals (ordered alphabetically):
- Mr. Daniel (Mohammad) Bagheri Sarvestani: Mr. Sarvestani has provided all documents requested in the nomination announcement. While he is currently an ICC member, upon reviewing his membership history, it was realized that he does not meet the nomination criterion of being a regular member with “good standing for at least one year prior to the election” as outlined in the by-laws.
- Mr. Reza (AbdolReza) Namdari: Mr. Namdari has provided all documents requested in the nomination announcement and has been a member in good standing for the past year.
- Mr. Medi (Mehdi) Shams: Upon reviewing Mr. Shams membership history, it was realized that his membership was expired in June 2021, and he has not renewed his membership since then. Thus, he is currently not a member of the ICC and does not meet the nomination criteria as outlined in the ICC by-laws. Also, Mr. Shams did not provide a picture of a government-issued ID, as requested in the nomination announcement and did not respond to a follow-up email asking him to submit this document.
Mr. Mohammad VahidiRad: Mr. Vahidirad has provided all documents requested in the nomination announcement. While he is currently an ICC member, upon reviewing his membership history, it was realized that he does not meet the nomination criterion of being a regular member with “good standing for at least one year prior to the election” as outlined in the by-laws.
According to the ICC by-laws, candidates, who do not meet the criterion of being a regular member with good standing for at least one year prior to the election, can request for an exemption from the members. To facilitate such a request, members will be asked if they are in favour of granting such an exemption in this election on the election ballot. If approved by the members, candidates who are an ICC member but do not meet the 1-year requirement, i.e. Mr. Sarvestani and Mr. VahidiRad, will be exempted, and if elected, can serve as an ICC director.
Having said the above, the following three candidates will run for the upcoming ICC election (ordered alphabetically):
- Mr. Daniel Bagheri Sarvestani
- Mr. Reza Namdari
- Mr. Mohammad VahidiRad
The ICC election committee
Motion to modify article 1 of ICC's bylaws
Motion proposed by Organizational Structure Committee to modify article 1 of the By-laws of The Iranian Canadian Congress .
These changes are proposed after several meetings and discussions and are approved by Board of Directors to be presented at the AGM.
This version of article 1 will be presented as a motion to ICC members at AGM on 22nd of December 2021 for their approval.Read more
ICC Election Committee, Correction of the nomination date, and other AGM updates
As communicated previously with you, the next ICC annual general meeting (AGM) will be held on December 22 from 8 pm to 10 pm ET (5 pm to 7 pm PT) through a videoconferencing platform. Please note that only ICC members who have joined/renewed their membership by December 6, 2021, at 11:59 pm ET will be entitled to attend the upcoming AGM and vote in the election.
Here, we like to provide the following updates on the upcoming ICC election and AGM:
- First, we like to correct the nomination deadline from December 1, 2021, at 11:59 pm ET to December 6, 2021, at 11:59 pm ET.
- In the upcoming election, members will choose two new board members. The election will be held online, starting and ending prior to the AGM. Members will receive a link through email to participate in the election after December 6. Election results will be announced in the AGM.
- The ICC board of directors has selected an election committee, consisting of three ICC members, to oversee the election process. These individuals are: Ms. Afsaneh Kefayati, Mr. Habib Ghaffari, and Mr. Reza Sohrabi.
- Instructions to register for the AGM will be shared with the members after December 6. Registered members will receive a link to participate in the AGM.
- The organizational structure committee has proposed changes to the by-laws. These changes have been approved by the board of directors and will be put for the members vote. In addition, the board of directors are currently working on finding a practical and effective way for submitting motions by the members. Further updates on how members can submit their motions as well as voting on them and the proposed by-laws changes will be provided in future communications.
Stay tuned for further updates on the upcoming ICC election and AGM!
Iranian Canadian Congress
Final Report: ICC Election Committee 2017 & Election Results
Here is the final report from the 2017 Election Committee of the Iranian Canadian Congress:Read more
Election Board 2016: Final Report & Election Results
Here you can find the Final Report from Election Board 2016:Read more
Final Report of the Election Committee 2015 & Election Results
Here is the final report form the ICC election committee for the 2015 Annual General Meeting.Read more