June 2016- end of End of August 2016 (3 months).
We are recruiting a Web and Social Media Intern to support our Web Operations Manager at the Iranian Canadian Congress with Web Administration and Social Media. You’ll define our brand strategy, interpret our mission, and convey our message, particularly in terms of online presence.
This position requires a good deal of thoughtful analysis and independent judgment, as well as flexibility to perform a variety of duties. We are looking for a passionate, self-driven and positive individual who can work independently and as part of a team.
The Iranian Canadian Congress is a non-profit, non-partisan and non-religious organization that aims to uphold the interests of Iranian Canadian community in the social, economic, political and cultural spheres, promoting and celebrating Iranian culture, Iranian languages, and Iranian history. We also seek to build mechanisms for cooperation between Iranian-Canadians and other segments of Canadian society to promote cross-cultural harmony and to advance understanding and goodwill within Canada’s multicultural society. ICC values its interns for their strong sensibility and promotes their professional development during the internship. You’ll be an integral part of the team, involved in doing the following:
Updating and maintaining information on ICC’s website, Facebook & Twitter accounts
Working with other team members in Public Relations Dept. to develop creative content.
Professionally engaging with users on ICC social media platforms
Marketing & communicating necessary information (including but not limited to daily monitoring, posting, reporting, etc.)
You need to have the following:
Full-time student status both during previous and next academic year
Understanding of basic concepts of marketing communications
Proficiency in online tools and social media platforms,
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Experience with technology and being responsive to emails
Familiarity with Content Management Systems is a plus.
Knowledge of Farsi (Persian) language is a plus.
We’d love to have you join the team. To apply, send your resume and three samples of your work to [email protected]; include the job title in the subject line of your email. Due to time constraints, only candidates who meet our requirements will be contacted.
Here is the first announcement from the 2016-2017 Board of Directors:Read more
Here you can find the Final Report from Election Board 2016:Read more
Communications & Public Relations:
This committee is responsible for effective and professional communication with members/supporters, media, other stakeholders on a regular basis, and team/community building:
- Strong knowledge of and previous experience in graphic design and visual content.
- Strong knowledge of and previous experience in social media and web administration.
- Strong knowledge of and previous experience in multimedia (videography and photography)
- Knowledge of and experience in writing formal text content in Farsi and English.
- Strong leadership, organization, and prioritization skills
- Previous volunteer experiences, and strong interpersonal skills (proven track record required).
The Department of Culture is responsible for showcasing the positive contributions of Iranian Canadians to Canada’s multicultural society and engaging non-Iranians with Iranian customs, arts and culture:
- Previous experience in coordinating cultural and artistic events, projects, and initiatives
- Strong event planning, events organizing, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional teamwork
- Comfortable use of social media for advertising events and promoting activities
Policy Committee is responsible for affecting positive change for the Iranian Canadian community through research about priority public policy issues and advocacy in the policy making system:
- Education in immigration, public policy, or political science
- Previous experience in politics and/or advocacy for non-profit or community organizations,
- Experience in writing policy statements, analyses, and briefs
- Proficient in English and/or Farsi, and ability to translate between the two.
- Involvement in politics at professional or volunteer capacity, at any political level, for any entity.
Finance and Administration:
Fundraising Committee is responsible for assisting the furthering of advancements, and growth of ICC by raising funds necessary for ICC projects, campaigns, and general operations. Volunteers in this committee will have an opportunity to network and connect with business professionals:
- Previous experience in raising funds, in-kinds, and donations for non-profit organizations, charities, and political parties.
- Experience in sponsorship and signing up business sponsors.
- Experience with planning and organizing fundraising events and initiatives.
- A strong knowledge of and passion for business and finance.
- A strong network of professionals and business owners.
General Volunteer Team:
You just want to join ICC without any mentioned experiences or are interested in new initiatives other than those stated. Pool of volunteers will form new committees based on the general supply and demand for the ideas, if aligned with the general goals and plans of the ICC. For this cause, a brainstorming session will be held by the outreach director when the pool of volunteers is created.
- ICC values its volunteers, and commends them for their dedication and time. Upon successful completion of their volunteer commitment they may be provided with certificate of appreciation/performance, certificate of volunteer work hours, etc.
- Committee chairs review and consult applications with ICC Board, and contact applicants based on needs of committees, applicant’s areas of interest, and their previous experiences.
- Due to the limited number of permanent-volunteer positions per each standing committee, remaining competent candidates will be able to volunteer with ICC in other capacities.
Become a volunteer
Here is the final report form the ICC election committee for the 2015 Annual General Meeting.Read more
The Iranian Canadian Congress Announces 2014 Board of Directors Election Results.Read more