Volunteers are at the heart of community work. The Iranian Canadian Congress (ICC) sends a reaching call to all its members and supporters who are interested in active and engaged participation with the organization. Interested volunteers are to select only one standing committee to join. Please note this wonderful volunteer-based opportunity requests a 12-month commitment and a workload of minimum 5-hours/week. Here you can find a brief description about each committee:
Communications & Public Relations:
This committee is responsible for effective and professional communication with members/supporters, media, other stakeholders on a regular basis, and team/community building:
- Strong knowledge of and previous experience in graphic design and visual content.
- Strong knowledge of and previous experience in social media and web administration.
- Strong knowledge of and previous experience in multimedia (videography and photography)
- Knowledge of and experience in writing formal text content in Farsi and English.
- Strong leadership, organization, and prioritization skills
- Previous volunteer experiences, and strong interpersonal skills (proven track record required).
The Department of Culture is responsible for showcasing the positive contributions of Iranian Canadians to Canada’s multicultural society and engaging non-Iranians with Iranian customs, arts and culture:
- Previous experience in coordinating cultural and artistic events, projects, and initiatives
- Strong event planning, events organizing, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional teamwork
- Comfortable use of social media for advertising events and promoting activities
Policy Committee is responsible for affecting positive change for the Iranian Canadian community through research about priority public policy issues and advocacy in the policy making system:
- Education in immigration, public policy, or political science
- Previous experience in politics and/or advocacy for non-profit or community organizations,
- Experience in writing policy statements, analyses, and briefs
- Proficient in English and/or Farsi, and ability to translate between the two.
- Involvement in politics at professional or volunteer capacity, at any political level, for any entity.
Fundraising Committee is responsible for assisting the furthering of advancements, and growth of ICC by raising funds necessary for ICC projects, campaigns, and general operations. Volunteers in this committee will have an opportunity to network and connect with business professionals:
- Previous experience in raising funds, in-kinds, and donations for non-profit organizations, charities, and political parties.
- Experience in sponsorship and signing up business sponsors.
- Experience with planning and organizing fundraising events and initiatives.
- A strong knowledge of and passion for business and finance.
- A strong network of professionals and business owners.
General Volunteer Team:
You just want to join ICC without any mentioned experiences or are interested in new initiatives other than those stated. Pool of volunteers will form new committees based on the general supply and demand for the ideas, if aligned with the general goals and plans of the ICC. For this cause, a brainstorming session will be held by the outreach director when the pool of volunteers is created.
- ICC values its volunteers, and commends them for their dedication and time. Upon successful completion of their volunteer commitment they may be provided with certificate of appreciation/performance, certificate of volunteer work hours, etc.
- Committee chairs review and consult applications with ICC Board, and contact applicants based on needs of committees, applicant’s areas of interest, and their previous experiences.
- Due to the limited number of permanent-volunteer positions per each standing committee, remaining competent candidates will be able to volunteer with ICC in other capacities.