Here is an announcement from the Election Board 2016:
Dear respected members of the Iranian Canadian Congress,
This is to inform you that the Election Board of ICC that has been appointed by the Board of Directors as per Bylaw (As per Section 3, number 5), would like to announce its commitment to conducting a transparent, democratic election on May 15, 2016.
In pursuit of this process we would like to inform you as follows:
1) Pursuant to the Bylaws (Section 5, part 1, 2, and 4) and as per previous announcement sent to the members via email and the AGM announcement published in Community press by the Board of Directors, the Annual General Meeting of the Iranian-Canadian Congress will be held on May 15, 2016. More information could be obtained at www.iccongress.ca
2) For members' convenience, early voting will commence at 10:00 am on May 15, 2016 at the North York Civic Centre.
3) In order to be eligible to vote, members are required to provide a valid Canadian photo ID which has been issued in Ontario (i.e. Driver's License, Health Card, etc.).
4) Those who become members of the ICC by Fri noon May 13th, 2016 (12:00 pm) are eligible to vote at the upcoming AGM. Only current ICC members, whose memberships are pending renewal, will be allowed to renew their membership (by presenting a photo ID and payment of $10 membership fee) on the day of AGM and will be eligible to vote.
5) For proxy voting, members that hold proxies are required to provide the proxy form along with a valid Canadian picture ID which has been issues in Ontario of the proxy giver in order to be eligible to vote. To obtain a copy of the proxy form, kindly refer to the:
6) As per the announced Agenda by the Board of Directors, the Annual General Meeting will commence after 2:00 pm.
7) The voting will conclude at 4:30pm and the Election Board is authorized to extend the voting period as deemed necessary.
8) All Media and press representatives are welcome to participate and provide full coverage of the Annual General Meeting. It is imperative that participants' privacy as well as the anonymous nature of the voting ballots be respected.
9) All Candidates running at the upcoming election are entitled to provide one scrutineer to monitor the entire election process. The election board will not intervene with the selection of the scrutineers. The election board will provide more details to the Candidates and their scrutineer directly.
10) Pursuant to Section 5, item 6 of the bylaw, the outcome of the election will be only valid if 50% plus (+) 1 current members of the ICC participate in the Annual General Meeting. This constitutes the quorum and it will be determined by the election board based on the input of the Board of Directors as per new membership deadline of May 13, 2016 and membership renewal of ICC current members on the day of AGM. If this requirement is not met for any reason, the outcome of the election is void. If such a scenario occurs, the By-Law of the organization require the Board of Directors to hold another Annual General Meeting; the outcome of that AGM will be valid regardless of whether quorum is met. We encourage all members of the ICC to attend the AGM in order to achieve the necessary quorum since much effort has been invested into the election preparation.
11) The outcome of election will be announced after all ballots have been counted by the Election Board which will be reflected immediately on the website of the organization.
12) All disputes and complaints of the candidates shall be raised within the first hour after the announcement of election outcome, and shall be accompanied by proof of the complaint and a list of witnesses. The election board has the full authority to accept or reject the complaints.
13) All inquires relating to the elections should be communicated to the election board via: ICC2016Election@gmail.com
In conclusion, once again, we would like to encourage all members to participate at the upcoming election. Your participation and support will assist the Election Board to better fulfill its commitment to conducting a democratic and transparent election.
Election Board 2016 - Iranian Canadian Congress
May 10, 2016