The Iranian Canadian Congress is a non-profit, non-partisan, and non-religious organization, established in 2007, to represent the interests of Iranian Canadians and encourage their participation in Canadian society.
The Iranian Canadian Congress is actively advocating for the following priority issues:
- Improving the accreditation process of foreign trained professionals
- Re-establishing relations between Canada and Iran
- Eliminating banking restrictions negatively affecting Iranian Canadians
- Combating racism and discrimination
- Granting Permanent Residents (PR) voting rights in municipal elections
- Increasing the participation of Iranian Canadians in Canada's political parties
The ICC's vision is to build an active and influential Iranian Canadian community which is politically engaged at all levels of government and socially involved in Canada's multicultural society for the betterment of Iranian Canadians in social, political and culture spheres.
Advocacy: advancing the interests of the Iranian Canadian community.
Education: providing knowledge, resources and tools necessary to enable informed participation of our community in the political system.
Community Building: engaging Iranian Canadians in community work and connecting Iranian Canadian non- profit organizations with one another to encourage cooperation and coordination.
Image Building: promoting Iranian culture and values and upholding the prestige, dignity and success of Iranian Canadians.
- To uphold the interests of the Iranian Canadian community and their well being in social, economic, political and cultural spheres.
- To build mechanisms for cooperation between Iranian-Canadians and the Canadian society to promote and strengthen cross-cultural harmony and to advance tolerance, understanding and goodwill among all segments of the multicultural Canadian society.
- To build an environment for participation, and effective engagement of community members and build membership and teamwork to serve the community.
- To assist as a link between various Iranian Canadian communities and organizations dispersed across Canada .
- To identify, present and promote the leaders of the Iranian-Canadian community who can be a voice for the community and to assist them in becoming prominent members of the Canadian society in all levels of civic life including Municipal, Provincial and Federal level.
- To promote and celebrate Iranian culture, values, languages and history and uphold the prestige, dignity and good name and success of Iranian-Canadians and their descendants.
- To channel the resources and aspirations of Iranian-Canadians towards finding their place in the Canadian society and their full integration into the fabric of Canadian civic life.
- To support other public and private organizations that provide community related services to those in need in the Iranian Community.