Here is the first public announcement from the Election Committee 2018:
Dear Members of the Iranian Canadian Congress (ICC),
The Election Committee would like to welcome you to participate in the 2018 ICC Elections.
The election will be held at the ICC’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Sunday, April 29, 2018. You can vote anytime from 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm at North York Civic Centre, Council Chamber (5100 Yonge Street, Toronto). The General Meeting is scheduled to start at 3PM.
Please take a note of the following important details:
Eligibility to Vote
For the Election of the Board of Directors and Bylaw Exemptions for Nominee Eligibilities:
ICC membership by the deadline of:
- April 15, 2018 for online voting.
- April 23, 2018 for in person voting (This is the final renewal or registration deadline).
- Member Residents of Ontario only.
For the Bylaw Amendments and Code of Conduct proposed by the Board:
ICC membership by the deadline of:
- April 15, 2018 for online voting
- April 23, 2018 for in person voting (Final renewal or registration deadline)
- All Members of the Iranian Canadian Congress.
- Note: Members of the ICC outside of Ontario may only vote for the bylaw amendments through online voting.
- Online Voting: April 22-April 28, 2018
- In-Person Voting: April 29, 2018 from 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
If you have to cast your vote, but are unable to vote in person on the day of the AGM, you may authorize a proxy to appear in person and vote on your behalf. Assign a trusted person to appear and vote on your behalf.
In order for your proxy to vote on your behalf, you will have to provide your proxy with the following:
- A copy of your Valid Government Issued ID; and
- A Proxy Form dully executed by you.
You can find the Proxy Form that you need to dully execute through the below link: https://www.iccongress.ca/proxy2018
What is being voted on:
The following matters are placed on the agenda and require your vote:
- Bylaw exemption for nomination eligibility of some of the nominees;
- Election of 6 new Board members, which each Board member will be elected for a 2-year term;
- Amendments to the ICC Bylaws proposed by the Board;
- Code of Conduct proposed by the Board;
Attention: For more details on the candidates and what is being voted on, please visit ICC AGM webpage:
In circumstances of noticing any irregularities with regards to the voting process and ballot counts on the day of the AGM April 29, 2018, the ICC Election Committee appreciates your formal complaints according to the following procedure:
- An official Complaint Form shall be filled out. An official Complaint Form will be available on site at the AGM and the counting stations thereafter.
- Proof of complaint shall be attached to the Complaint Form;
- The complaint shall be supported and filed on behalf of one (1) of the candidates running for positions; and
- The complaint shall be filed with a member of the Election Committee. The complaint can also be emailed to the Election Committee: email@example.com.
Once complaints are submitted in accordance with the above procedure, all complaints shall be effectively processed and addressed by the Election Committee in due course.
We hope that the above guidelines would provide you with the information that you need to actively participate in the 2018 ICC Elections.
In conclusion, we would like to highly encourage all ICC members to actively participate in the 2018 ICC Election.
The English version of this election announcement is the official version.
Election Committee 2018