Here is an announcement from the Election Committee 2018:
Dear Members of the Iranian Canadian Congress (ICC),
The Election Committee is pleased to announce the following information with regards to ONLINE VOTING of the 2018 ICC Elections.
As you know, starting 2017, ICC members have the option to cast their votes online. Facilitating online elections is mandated by the ICC bylaws (Article 5.1).
Similar to 2017, this year, you have the option to cast your votes online prior to the April 29, 2018 AGM according to the following procedure:
- Voting for the election of the six (6) ICC Board Members and the approval of the bylaw exemption for nomination eligibility of some of the nominees will start on Sunday April 22, 2018 at 2:00 pm. ICC members in Ontario can vote for ICC Board Elections.
- Voting for the Bylaw Amendments and the approval of the Code of Conduct proposed by the Board will start on Tuesday April 24, 2018 at 2PM. All ICC members can vote for the bylaw amendments and the Code of Conduct.
- You will receive two (2) separate emails from Election Buddy for the above ballots; and
- Online Voting for both ballots close on Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 6:00 pm.
- Please note that only members who joined the ICC by the deadline of April 15, 2018 @ 11:59 pm and whose identity and residency have been confirmed by the ICC Board Secretary are eligible to participate in the Online Voting process and will receive the ballots.
Members who have joined the ICC between April 16, 2018 and April 23, 2018 @ 11:59 pm shall be able to cast their votes at the AGM (April 29, 2018) in person or by proxy.
Unfortunately, members who have joined the ICC on and after April 24, 2018, will not be able to participate in the 2018 ICC elections.
For further information, you may refer to the document here (Online Voting and Privacy setup) containing security features adopted by the administration team to ensure fair and secure online voting.
2018 Election Committee