Here is the final report form the ICC election committee for the 2015 Annual General Meeting.
Dear Members of the Iranian Canadian Congress,
The ICC Election Committee is proud to announce the following:
1) A successful and transparent election was held on Sunday, May 24, 2015 with polls open from 11am to 4:45pm;
2) Of the 1530 Members who were eligible to vote, 890 members did so. 663 number voted in person, while 227 number voted by proxy;
3) Counting of the ballots commenced after 6pm before all candidates, their scrutineers, members of the ICC board, and members of our community and media. A total of 889 ballots were cast. The final vote count was as follows:
1. Soudeh Ghasemi 502
2. Bijan Ahmadi 486
3. Arsalan Kahnemuyipour 477
4. Mitra Saffari 447
5. Fatemeh Mansourifar 381
6. Ali Nikjoo 375
7. Avideh Motmaenfar 370
8. Sevil Sahel-Gozin 360
4) There was one objection to the vote count by one of the candidates; the candidate withdrew this complaint, however, choosing not to file a formal complaint in accordance with the procedures set by the election committee. Nonetheless, given that the particular vote counting station for which concern was raised was the most scrutinized, had the closest range of votes between all 8 candidates, that the three scrutineers in observance of that station were in agreement with the final vote count, and the gap between the votes for the first four candidates versus the last four, the election committee did not find there to be sufficient grounds to order a recount of that station’s ballots.
5) As promised, the personal information of those who voted by way of a proxy will be destroyed by the election committee. The committee thanks voters for trusting the committee with their personal information in our efforts to safeguard against any concerns of irregularity that may have been raised.
We thank the members of our community, the ICC board of directors, and our wonderful volunteers for helping make this election a success.
ICC Election Committee 2015